- Why can't I connect to the trading platform? First, please check your system meets the minimum system requirements and that your computer can access other web pages on port 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS). If you are still having difficulties, please call our Helpdesk on +44 (0)203 0085715.
- What are the minimum system requirements for my computer? Windows 98, Pentium III, 256MB Ram, 100Mb free Hard Disk Space, Microsoft .NET version 2 framework and Internet Connection. A broadband connection is highly recommended. Your screen resolution should be set to the highest possible setting, depending on your screen size.
- What web browser is the online version of the system compatible with? The system is compatible with any web browser so long as you have Adobe Flash version 9 installed.
- How can I check what version of Flash is installed on my computer? Please click here to find out which version of Adobe Flash is installed on your computer.
- Where can I download the latest version of Macromedia flash? Please click here to download the latest Adobe Flash player.
- Do you support Mac OS or Linux? The Windows download client will not support Mac OS or Linux. However Flash Player 9 is available for both operating systems which will run the online version of UMEX TRADER. For more information please click here (http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/)
- I have just purchased a new computer or have re-installed the operating system on my computer; will I lose all my trade history? No. All your account history is securely stored on our server allowing you to login from any other location without losing any information
- Do I need admin rights on my local computer in order to install the trading platform? Yes, in order to install the trading platform and flash player, you will require local administrative rights on your computer.
- Should I disable my pop-up blocker? No, it is not necessary to disable/allow the pop-up blocker for trading. The software opens in a new browser. However, to access statements or reports on your account through the web based version of the trading platform, you will need to allow pop-ups from our trading websites.
Google tool bar: To allow pop-ups, log on to our trading website and click the Pop-up Blocker button. The button text will change to read 'Pop-ups OK, indicating that the Pop-up Blocker has been disabled on that site. Further details are available here ( http://www.google.com/ )
Yahoo tool bar: Click the Pop-Up Blocker menu and select "Always Allow Pop-Ups From". Select the trading site from the "Sources of Recently Blocked Pop-Ups" list. and Click "Allow". Further details are available here (http://help.yahoo.com/ )
You may also select 'Tools' from your internet browser, then select 'Pop-up blocker' and select 'Turn off pop-up blocker'.
- How long will it take to download the trading platform? The installation process should take no longer than 5 minutes, depending on your internet connection and pc specifications.
- How do I check if I am using the latest version of the trading platform? Once the trading platform starts to load, it will automatically check for updates and install any which are required. Once the web based version of the trading platform starts to load, it will automatically install any updates for the platform to start. On occasions third party software may be required, at which time you will be prompted to follow the on-screen instructions.
- Should I disable or modify my firewall and anti-virus application settings in order to use the trading platform? No, you should never disable firewalls. Most up to date security applications will prompt you what to do when the trading platform attempts to access the internet and you should always allow access.
- Can I use the trading platform behind a proxy server? Providing your proxy allows connections to the Internet over ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS), you should have no problems accessing the trading platform